Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Fever and Scarlet Fever

What a wonderful Easter we had! We started a new tradition a few years ago of celebrating the spring stuff (ie: baskets, eggs, dinner) on Saturday. So we colored eggs on Friday night, then went to a friends house to play cards. Saturday morning the kids woke up to a great egg hunt! We let Little Man go first and he found some of his and some of the girls eggs that were hidden better. I guess he's not as much of my baby as I thought he was! Next the girls went together and they had a lot of fun finding theirs. No lost eggs this year so that's a good thing!

Next we had the big basket hunt! We had hid their baskets, tied one end of yarn to each basket and then wove the yarn all over the house and outside. Upstairs, downstairs, in the basement, up and down the slide, through the garage...all over the place! The kids loved it!

Scooter's basket we had just put right in front of the fireplace and as soon as he saw it he scooted right over to it. He loved his star shape toy and his wubanub...which is a pacifier with a little monkey attached to it.

We had family over for Easter dinner and everything went very smoothly for the cooking, hubby did most of it! :o) My Mom wasn't feeling well so she wasn't able to join us. Later that evening we went to church. It was a great service!

The next day, Easter Sunday, we all went to church again...this time to serve. It was a wonderful Sunday and we stayed for both services in children's ministries.

After church we went out to my friend's parents house to celebrate with them. We had a nice dinner and then they do an egg hunt for the kids outside. The hit of the afternoon though was the new rope swing that Grandpa Joe hung up in one of the trees, the kids had a blast! So much so that I finally had to call them in well after dark, it was raining, and I saw lightening in the distance! What a great weekend!!

Monday was pretty uneventful, Little Man was kind of crabby all day. He fell asleep on the couch right before supper and then wouldn't eat dinner and just cried for quite awhile. We finally put him to bed and he seemed pretty hot. I gave him some Tylenol and then of course he ended up in our bed. It was a good thing cause he ended up throwing up during the night and since we were right there and just happened to have a bowl in our sheet changing for me!

He was very sick all day Tuesday, high fever, throwing up, very lethargic. That night we noticed a rash on his body. I thought maybe it was heat rash. Mr. M thought strep throat and scarlet fever. The next day the rash was worse even though he seemed to be better. So I made a Dr. appt. for him and sure enough...strep throat with scarlet fever. Who knew?! Oh...that's right... Mr. M did. :oP

So now he's on meds and feeling much better, although I understand this rash might last a couple weeks...and then he's gonna peel...great! I didn't even know scarlet fever was still around!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It looks like it was a wonderful Easter weekend- except for the strep throat! :(