Friday, January 22, 2010

2010

Well, it's a whole new year! I can't believe I didn't blog at all through the whole Christmas season...I guess that shows how busy I was! It was just wonderful being here in Wisconsin near my family and friends. December was full of ups...going to see my new niece and her big brother and Mommy; and downs with both Mom & Dad being in the hospital and my boys both getting lung infections. But all in all it was a time spent surrounded by the ones we love.

New Years Eve was the best! We had great friends over and I made my parents come over to eat and they ended up staying for the whole celebration! It was a fun night of food, fellowship, and games. We ended up keeping a few extra girls for the night too...which my girls LOVED!!

So this year we will be moving again. This summer some time (hopefully toward the end) to Long Island, NY. Wow! We thought we were heading back to Virginia and Mr. M back to a ship. God had other plans though! 2 more years of shore duty...of Mr. M coming home every night to us! Who could ask for more?!

I am trying not to go into check out mode yet. When the time gets closer to moving, I start shutting myself off from everyone and everything and start finding faults with everything about where we live. I guess it makes it easier for me to say goodbye then. Well, I don't want to do that here! This is my family and my hometown and friends that I have had forever...and great new friends too. I do not want to burn my bridges here! It will be so hard to say goodbye! So I just won't think about any of that yet. I will live in the here and now! Not that I won't think about NY or plan for it or talk about it...but I will not check out just yet!!!

No comments: