Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Angels Watching Over Us

So last week we had quite a scare at our house. Little Man pulled his dresser down on top of him. I was downstairs and heard a crash and then screaming, I went running! On my way up the stairs I heard Princess yell that Little Man was on the floor and his dresser was on top of him. The adrenaline was pumping! I got up there and it was awful. He was laying on the floor on his back with the dresser totally on top of him. I started trying to pull the dresser up but realized that the drawers were falling out too and I didn't want them to fall out on top of him while I pulled it up so I yelled for Princess to grab him and get him out. It was so precious, she grabbed him under the arms like a fireman and pulled him out while I held up the drawers for dear life.

I scooped him up and ran downstairs. There was blood everywhere. He was bleeding from his mouth and his chin. I grabbed a wet paper towel and the phone. First I cleaned up his mouth and chin abit and checked his teeth and inside his mouth, there was so much blood but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from! Next I started feeling his whole body, checking for broken bones and movement...which was hard to do while he's clinging to me for dear life. I called hubby at work and left a message with one of his secratary's for him to call home immediately. It was hard to hear him with Little Man screaming so I assumed he said he would. Luckily he could tell there was a crisis and he called Mr. M's Sr. Chief and he tracked him down. He called and said he would meet me at the ER.

I finished checking Little Man over and we changed clothes since there was blood all over our other ones. He was already starting to bruise on his legs and feet, one foot was really bad. There was also a line across his chest where I assume a drawer had hit. I dropped the girls off at a neighbors and headed to the ER.

As soon as we got there it was like Little Man was totally fine. He played with the toys in the waiting room and ran around acting silly. When we saw the Dr., they were pretty amazed how well he was doing. They checked him over and he had no broken bones and they didn't think he needed a head scan either since he was acting totally normal (mind you we'd been there for like 3 hours at this point!). Because of the way the drawers opened when it fell on him, it kept the dresser off of his head. One of the drawers must have hit his mouth though, we figured out the bleeder was his frenulum (that little stringy thing under your upper lip), he cut it. His upper lip was also cut and then his chin was the worst. All are healing very nicely. So we were sent home with signs to watch for in case of concussion and such.

When we got home, all I could think of was how in the world did he not get more hurt?! God's angels must of been watching out for us that day. I thank the Lord for his protection of my son.

No comments: