Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Birthday!

Wow! What a great birthday I had! Yesterday was my 35th birthday! Last Thursday, Mr. M planned a whole date for us, including babysitting. We went to a Fish Market restaurant for dinner and I got the best crab cakes! Then we went to Rosemont Theater...I did not know what was playing. As we were walking from the parking lot to the front of the building, I saw a big semi that said 'Riverdance'! I was so excited!!! It definitely lived up to my expectations of wanting to see it all these years! It was a great night and it was really nice to be able to celebrate my birthday with Mr. M since we can't even remember the last time he was home for my birthday.

Then on Saturday my parents and neice came over and my Mom made me my favorite meal, her chicken and dumplings. Mmmmmm mmmmmmmm were they good!! My neice got me the most beautiful flowers, they were so exotic looking, I have no idea what they are but they are really pretty! My parents got me a new Boppy pillow! It's a pillow to help when I nurse the baby and I really wanted a new one but just couldn't see buying one since this is our last baby. It's so awesome and it has a removable, washable cover!! That's how I ruined our other one, I washed the whole thing and it got all messed up. I can't WAIT to use it!!!

Yesterday which was my actual birthday, we finally had some cake! Mr. M stopped on his way home and got me an ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery, it was pretty good! It's a good thing he got one too cause Little Man kept saying all weekend, "Mommy birthday? Cake?!" We all thoroughly enjoyed it!!

What a great birthday it was! I know it bothers some people to get older, it doesn't bother me. I feel so blessed to have another year! People should look at birthdays like anniversary's. When you tell people you have been married for 35 years, they are in awe! They think what a wonderful thing, we should celebrate!! It should be the same thing with birthdays! What a wonderful thing to be 35!! Not everyone lives to be 35. How awesome that the Lord has given me another year to live for Him and to spend with my family and friends. Yes, I will still feel this way at 40, 50, 60, and beyond! I have a great example! My Mom!

No comments: